Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Word of God Stands Forever

"A voice says, 'Cry!' And I said, 'What shall I cry?' All flesh is grass, and all its beauty is like the flowers of the field.  The grass withers, and the flower fades when the breath of the Lord blows on it; surely the people are grass.  The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever." {Isaiah 40:6-8}
Flowers at the Eden Garden Center
This is my favorite Bible verse, and mostly because of the flower 
references.  I love everything to do with flowers! But this verse also
reminds me of the fragility of life and nature, and that God is the real
creator who could take away His beautiful creation at any given moment.
God is the only constant, He is the foundation of which we rely on.
In this class (Humans and the Environment), I am excited to see what God's creation has in store for us and the prospect of maybe seeing a giraffe or two :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment